Thursday, July 9, 2020

Anxiety with Alzheimers


The last three days I have had anxiety around 11 am.

The first day I thought maybe it was from too much caffeine.
I cut out all alcohol that day.
I did not feel like drinking

The second day I had no caffeine and I still had anxiety.
I had some wine before bedtime as I was thinking my hunger from intermittent fasting was causing stress and thus anxiety.
Indeed breaking my fast around 2 PM does help immensely.


The third day I went back to morning coffee, Diet Coke and Green tea.
 Still had anxiety but this time not as bad or for as long
as I started pacing as soon as I began to feel it so that it didn't crescendo.

Then I turned off news an internet early and started watching the BBC series Foyle.
This helped curb the attack earlier.
 I then took my mile long walk and dumbbell exercises earlier and it pretty much ended the anxiety.

While walking I also said a mantra of "sha" "ta" "nah" "mah".
Alzheimers society suggests doing this in a quiet room for 20 minutes while sitting.
I found that too boring.
However while walking it was not difficult and it seemed to help



I have decreased my anti-depressant Citalopram because I started Contrave.
Contrave is said to increase citalopram levels.
I think because my anxiety is from Alzheimers I will need to go back to full dose Citalopram.

Anxiety is very uncomfortable.
Fortunately I don't get it a night and I sleep well.

June 10 update

I decided after 8 months of Intermittent Fasting the stress of being hungry has raised my cortisol levels and maybe my anxiety. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...