Friday, July 3, 2020

Magnesium for the brain?

Magnesium for the brain? 
A supplement probably won't hurt you if you don't have renal insufficiency


In 2015 I thought this was the best article on Magnesium

Dr George Lundberg link 



"Approximately 99% of total body magnesium is located in bone, muscles, and soft tissues; 1% is extracellular.[1] 
Thus, plasma or serum magnesium levels are only a rough approximation of amounts of magnesium. 
Substantial hypomagnesemia does indicate magnesium deficiency, but normal blood levels do not dependably exclude significant depletion of magnesium stores."
From James DiNicolantonio twitter
@drjamesdinic

Magnesium article from NERD link


When I look at these studies, it seems the dose of magnesium is too low.
I learned this from personal experience.
I was told from someone who knew the supplement industry that Magnesium maleate was best salt
for muscle cramps
I was taking 400 mg/d.  I still had nocturnal leg cramps


I started 3,750 units of Magnesium/daily.
My severe nocturnal leg cramps disappeared.

I knew that Magnesium L-Threonate was considered the best version for the brain, especially to calm the brain for sleep.

Dr. Dale Bredesen agrees with this in his book, The End of Alzheimers.

I review his book here:
My Amazon review  link 

Experts will not accept this 36 point program link

Below is from The End of Alzheimers:






I decided to switch from
 Maleate to L-Threonate after reading below:













I take 4 capsules a day 
for the suggested dose on the bottle. 

I am definitely not calmer.
I do get anxious at times and need to pace to relieve mild anxiety.

I usually don't have difficulty with sleeping so it is difficult to tell if it has helped my sleep.  

I take it on the slim chance it is better for my AZ.

Unfortunately,  my nocturnal legs cramps have returned but not so bad so I will continue L-Threonate. 

 Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2020:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...