Wednesday, July 15, 2020

ZOOM VISIT WITH MY ALZHEIMER NEUROLOGIST AT KUMCR

I did very well on the cognitive exam

This is the third one he has administered to me.

He said that my diagnosis of Alzheimers was made early.

I was considered to have Mild Cognitive Impairment.

He suggested we now call it Prodromal Alzheimers disease.

I told my neurologist that I was getting worse with short term memory.
My concurred with that opinion.
He asked me if I thought I could go back to being a physician.
I said I am not even  close to that.

He said that could be a functional deficit, however I medical Doctor requires a high level of cognition.

I said my math is very bad.
I was able to tell him how many nickels in $1.35.
I said there are 20 nickels in a dollar and the  7 nickels in 35 cents.
Thus 27 nickels.
I was having a good day.



He prognosticated that I would have another good year.

I told him I was a more hopeful than that.


He told me to keep doing what I am doing and stay on Namzaric.






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...