Saturday, August 1, 2020

I made up this Topeka Cognitive Assessment test of 13 questions.


I can pass the MOCA test but fail the TOCA test

MoCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment)
 30 questions

My MoCA test in Feb 2020 link

ToCA (Topeka Cognitive Assessment)

I fail the ToCA test every day.

1-What did I eat for dinner last night?
2- Did I have a bowel movement today?
3- What are we going to have for dinner?
4- Did I remember to take my night pill?
5- While I am taking my 10 medications, did I just take that blue pill?
6-On the internet, when I decide to switch from mail to my blog, in the middle of the transition I forget that I wanted to go to my blog site. 
7- I go upstairs to another room to get something and when I arrive I can't remember what I was going for.  I go back downstairs and then I remember. 
8- When transposing a number, by the time I write it down in a new location I get the number wrong.
9- After my wife tells me we are going somewhere that day,  I will forget.  I set my iPhone alarm to remind me.  
10- While making a cocktail I will make a mistake in the ingredients sometimes. Such as pulling out the wrong type of liquor.  I self correct with such an important procedure. 
11- While doing a task I must concentrate, if my wife asks me to do something I will lose my mindfulness on the subject on hand.
12- As a Doctor, I was great at multitasking.  That is all gone now. 
13- Did I get the mail?

All of the above can be remedied with mindfulness or focus or keeping notes for the day.  
I keep notes on the calendar for the week but after checking the calendar I easily forget my appointment.  


This is really a short term memory test which is where my cognition deficit shows up the most other than math.  

As it turns out it is not that important.  
I read, write and speak on many subjects. 
I can still learn new information and retain it. 

Memory is not all it is cracked out to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...