Saturday, November 6, 2021

New York State of Mind

 We flew to NYC from Topeka last Tues.

We had a ton of points left over from Covid so we used 300,000 for five nights at St Regis on 55th street.

Later we learned our room on the 14 floor usually charges $16,000 a night.  Unbelievable. 

Not much of a view as we were surrounded by taller buildings.

Our breakfast was included.  We were given a $100 voucher each morning.  

Coffee was excellent every morning except one day we figured they gave us an old pot as it was more bitter. 

My eggs sunny side up were delicious. 

Their potatoes were terrible. 

The second time I had Eggs Benedict I asked them to make the English muffin more toasted or more crispy, it was not done. 

The location of the hotel is excellent espeicially for the Museums which is what we visited. 

We found a great French restaurant two blocks over called La Bonne.  Less expensive food than the hotel.

Excellent escargo.  Excellent French onion soup.  Best meal of the trip.

For me it was wonderful to return to NYC where I went to high school at Stuyvesant.  

The Frick Museum was temporarly moved to a new location.  

The Mason the art pieces were located was a major part of the attraction but seeing the pieces in a regular museum building allowed me to appreciate the art without the distraction of the wonderful mansion.  It is like in the mansion you don't know where to look first or how to take it all in.  

We just came back from Asheville and went on the Biltmore Manson Tour.  It was an overwhelimg building with less art than the Frick.  

Overall the Frick is a much better experience. 

I am in my fifth year of Alzheimers but I knew my way around Central Park better than my friends. 

Seeing all the familiar sights refired alot of neurons in my brain.  Great time.  Great weather. 

As I compare this high end luxury hotel to a cruise I must say the service and food is better on a high end cruise.  

Lyrics from Billy Joel song link






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...