Saturday, November 13, 2021

Mental activites to maintain brain function.

 I think the best mental activity I do is to engage on Twitter, write blogs as well as writing a new book on my Alzheimers each year. 

I do not do crossword puzzles or math puzzles. 

I did pick up the Ukele and learned to play Row Row Your Boat but with Covid I got seperated from my instrument and have not picked it up again to my regret. 

I ask 'Seri' to play many different types of music which I have not listened to for a long time. I also listen to my playlist while I take my one mile walk. 

I try to do a duolingo lession each day in Spanish.  I am amazed how much I remember from when I studied medicine in Guadalajara, Mexico.  I quess this is part of my 'cognitive reserve'

I read all the Richard Sharpe novels by Bernard Cornwall 10 years ago. I am reading them again with great enjoyment. I remember some poignant scenes but not completely.

I am also researching some historical or political issues such as my recent blog on   Vietnam Wokeness link.  I graduated High School in 1969 so my reasearch brought back many old memories. 

I participate in my Episopal Mens Group each week reviewing various books. 

Three books that awakened me and changed my world view:

1- The Stony Road by Gates.

2- Men Explain things to me by  Rebecca Solnit,

3- Evil Genusis's by Kurt Anderson.

Even with Alzheimers I found I can expand my bubble of old concepts 









No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...