Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Lost my wallet on the plane to Charlotteville

 Chapter Six

November three 2021

Lost my wallet on plane to NYC


Yesterday we flew from Topeka to Charlotte and then to JFK airport in NYC.


In the morning there was a little stress when we heard on the news that American Airlines was cancelling some flights.  The flights were on time.  After we got off the first flight I realized I didn’t have my wallet.  It was a 10 minute walk back to the gate at a fast pace.  My wife was concerned that with my walking problems I would not be able to make it in time without falling.  I had more confidence in myself.  I recently stopped using my cane walking down a hill.  I learned how to walk with a wide step, toes pointed out and landing on my heels with my head up.  

There was supposed to be a supervisor waiting at the gate.  

No one was there and the plane had already left the gate.  I walked back quickly to my next flight in time.  

Last night my wife filled out a claim to American Airlines online. 

We received a response this AM that they found my wallet.  They will send it to the hotel. 


The most difficult part of the experience is not the worry about money or the credit cards.  It is the emotional response of such an error.  Usually I have a jacket with zippers and I have a spot in the front that I traveled in France for 3 weeks and it was very secure.  


My wife didn’t think the zippered jacket was nice enough to wear in NYC.   


I watched a couple of Ted Lasso episodes on Apple TV on my iPhone to relax.  I only drank one beer at dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...