Thursday, November 11, 2021

The comfort of returning home

 Last week spending 5 days in NYC and remembering my old haunts was great. 

 However the main downside was I missed my routine.  

Here I was in this deluxe expensive hotel, St Regis on 55th street

 and they lost connection to my favorite news channels MSNC and CNN. 

 All the other stations played but not news all day long. 

 Now I am home in front of my 85 inch TV watching Morning Joe on tape each day. 

I missed it.   

I like to skip breakfast each morning but we had complimentary breakfast that was worth $50 each. 

 I felt compelled to eat it.  The eggs sunny side up were great.  The potatoes were terrible, not crispy.  

 I am happy now to be back fasting.   I don't need breakfast with Ozempic  shot each week.  

I probably did more walking than usual. One day I walked 14,000 steps.  The weather was sunny. 

It was good to see my friends and my cousin and his family.  

Stress is my biggest problem.  With stress I get anxiety and depression.  

The biggest stress factor on this trip was getting up at 4 AM to fly out of Kennedy airport. 

I was staggered by the lack of sleep.  I didn't get my usual 8-10 hours sleep. 

 I had a good 6 hours of sleep, but it turned out not to be enough. 

 I started to have a headache.  I rarely have headaches.

 I was given a small glass of water and that helped my headache.  

Surprisingly, I was able to sleep fitfully for the two hour second leg of the flight home.  

It made all the difference in the world in how I felt.  


I look forward to my next trip to Atlanta to get together with my three grandsons.  

We have 5 cruises planned. 

 In the fifth year of my Alzheimers disease I am sticking to the original plan of just having fun with  

Joyful Experiential stimulation of the Brain.









T

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...