Monday, January 3, 2022

Memory loss from aging vs Alzheimers

 My diagnosis of Alzheimers was made in Dec 2017 after cognitive exams and a Amyloid Pet scan. 

Presently people are surprised I have AZ.  

They say they have similar memory lapses. 

I am surprised in my fifth year since the Dx was made

 that I am doing better than expected with my AZ.

However my recent memory continues to get worse.  

Just ask my wife.  

We don't get to frustrated with it.

 Memory is not all it is cracked out to be link


What frustrates me is that my friends who downplay their memory loss to aging don't get checked for early AZ when they can adapt several steps to prevent worsening of their AZ. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...