Thursday, January 6, 2022

Winter vacation in Avon, Colorado in my 5th year of Alzheimers

I have had a great time this last week visiting my two sons with their wives and one grandson. 

My wife and I had a difficult time driving here in the snow: 

Stressful drive up the mountain link.

We arrived late at night and just before the main highway was closed.

However the next morning there was beautiful sunshine:

The Blizzard by Judy Collins link

Now we are planning to drive home tomorrow.  We will probably not come back unless someone else drives us.

The week was wonderful we have only had flurries of snow. 

My kids tried to ski everyday.  They loved it. 

My wife would babysit the baby while they went out. 

I love my grandson but the last two mornings I stayed by myself for the quiet and calmness as I was the news and write my twitters and blogs. 

Looking forward to going home to my Smart TV and the recordings of Morning Joe, as well as the DVD player. 

I have filled some of the down time re-reading Bernard Cornwall series on the Penisula War of Britain vs. Napolean in the Richard Sharpe series. 

I am reading Sharpe's Gold for the third time.

I first read it 10 years ago.

I take my time and underline more.  

It has been a great joy to rediscover these books.

We save money by not eating out. 

Ginger and I brought a great deal of groceries from Topeka. 

She cooked six thick pieces of Salmon two nights ago. 

My son Andrew made a great plate of Shrimp Curry.

Of course there was wine and red wine. 

I also make my usual anchor Manhattan each day.

However it has been very cold outside.  I get cold so easily.

I did walk over to the liquour store a few blocks away, yet 

the sidewalk was still covered with some snow and ice. 

Thanks goodness I had my snowboots on.  

My kids have used the outdoor hot tub everyday.  

I forgot my swimming trunks but I am not sure I would want to go out into the cold.

There is a lift to Beaver Village that is free and I would have liked to visit again.  Again even though the temperature is up to 36 degrees F.  I decided not to go. 

So here I am by myself listening to MSNBC talk only about the Jan 6 insurrection that happened 1 year ago while so far I haven't seen Fox news talk about it at all. 

I am content.  We had a free breakfast that was included with our points. I am warm and am grateful I can still write these blogs which will make up the YEAR 5 book that I will title Trying to Avoid Falling off Cliffs. Subtitle Doing Better than Expected

The main goal for me is to maintain to maintain my routine .

1- Medications: Ten different types in AM

2- Supplements: Twelve different types after lunch.  

I have not been checking my fasting glucose, ketones or weight. 

3- Exercise: I am able to walk 4,000 to 8,000 steps by pacing in my room each day.









No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...