Saturday, January 1, 2022

Challenging Drive from Topeka to Avon, Colorado

 Driving with Alzheimers and trying to not drive off a cliff.


Last year when we drove from Florida home to Topeka we decided we would no longer make that long drive anymore.  My wife did all the driving and it was too stressful for her.  I did not driving. 

We decided to take a drive that was half the distance (of the Florida drive) from Topeka to Avon.

We also decided to keep the two legs short by staying at a hotel in Hayes. 

First leg went well. 

Second leg was very stressful as we hit snow in the  mountains.  We we stuck in slow traffic for hours. Our cars was skidding a little.  

Very hard on my wife.  She swore we would never make this drive again.  She is 73 year old and not a confident driver in this type of weather.  I am 70 years old and can still drive but we decided I shouldn't with this bad weather. 

We made the decision to go to our time share at Westin as my 2 sons with their wives would be there with one of my grandsons.  

I wanted to see snow again as I no longer ski. 

The snow was beautiful on the mountains. 

Next day the sun came out and my son with his wife had a great time on the powder. 

I think we will stick with cruises now despite Omicron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...