Friday, May 27, 2022

In my 5th year having Alzheimer's my attempt to achieve contentment each day

Best thing is to have 8-10 hours sleep after taking:
1- Magnesium L Treonate 4,000 mg Link
2- Melatonin 5 mg
3- Ashwagandha link

Key is to avoid stress which causes me to feel bad with subsequent anxiety and depression. 
Arguments with my wife is a main cause of this.

Each moring after taking all my prescription medications(plus a stool softener) I get a cup of coffee with 90% dark chocolate to get my flavinoids.  
I also drink a can of diet coke.  This seems to help me have a bowel movement.  
I drink these while in my man cave in the basement watching morning JOE on my 85 inch TV.
I also now eat 2 piece of dried prunes.  
Despite talking probiotics each day I find this helps me have a BM. 
Again having a BM helps me with my contentment. 

I also am on my computer while watching TV. 
I was advised by someone at memory center to not do TV and computers.  
I get great satifaction by writing my blogs and twitters. 

I try not to eat till noon. 
Right now despite that 14 hour fast my glucose only dropped 4 points, 212 to 208. 
I take Invokana. 
It doesn't seem to work as well as before.
I quess I  shouldn't take cream in my coffee?
I will have to stop all carbs especially anything with cream in it. 

With my on twitter and blog I usually get tired and switch from news to something entertaining on TV.  
Right now I am watching Better Call Saul series. 

At night I am rereading the Richard Sharpe series by Bernard Corwall.  I often remember some of the passages.  Other than the enjoyment I hope I am refiring the neurons that I forgot. 

I am not doing the walking that I should.  That is a big lapse in my program,  if I get axious I will pace in the house which helps. 

I was off my supplements for a month on the trip to Ireland.  This week I started all of them again.  Hard to determine if they do any good for me?


I don't usually call people. I get tired after long phone conversations. 

I have a Men's group on Zoom everyweek.  I always enjoy that.  We usually discuss a book that we have chosen to read. 12 men from my Episcopal church. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...