Sunday, July 11, 2021

Follow up National weight control registry survey

 Survey I took in July 2016 link




Today I took the survey with the news that I finally broke through my plateau.  

I didn't change my exercise or my ketosis with Atkins diet. 

What I did was increase Ozempic from 0.5 mg to 1.0 mg.

It decreased my appetite which allow me to decrease my calorie intake.  

I was running at 210 lbs but have finally dropped to 199 lbs.  I often cannot eat my whole meal, especially the meat.  

I still believe what Dr Rosenbaum said below.




I have proposed my Sponge theory to Dr Rosenbaum.  Weight regain occurs due to fact that fat cells don't disappear with weight loss.  They shrink and the low leptin levels cause weight regain due to hunger and low metabolic rates. He didn't seem to give it much credit.  

Now my plateau has reset due to Ozempic. 

If my brain tries to reset I will have the option of going on higher dose with Wegovy 2.6 mg

I suspect if I can't increase my dose or eventually have less response to the high dose I will go back to a higher plateau as predicted by Dr Rosenbaum.








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...