Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I enjoy my mornings

 I try to count my blessings after 3 years 8 months since my diagnosis of Alzheimers.

My first year was filled with Anxiety as I had no idea what my prognosis was. 

That is why I title my first year book, I am Waiting for when I forget I have Alzheimers.

I was counseled to just have fun.  

Thus in my second year book, Traveling with Alzheimers.

I continued in my third year book, The Pursuit of Happiness with Alzheimers.

In the third year due to Covid19 we had to cancel 5 cruises.  

Again trying to find a silver lining I concentrated on new courses in approaching my disease:

1- Intermittent fasting

2- Started Dr Dale Bredensen's Recode program at Atma Holistic Clinic

3- I slowly began adding supplements that they advised. I take about 10 new ones. 

4- I am writing my fourth year book now to be titled:

Alzheimers is Inexorable 

True grit and Fortitude Reguired


It requires a great deal of disciple to follow the rigourous routine of diet, exercise and mediciations. 

It is expensive. 

So why do  I continue to do it. 

I clearly feel better. 

Maybe not cogitively  but emotionally.  

My anxiety is much less.  I don't pace as much as I did.

I still have some mounting anxiety as the day progress, worse if  I get into an argument with my wife. 

The most beautiful part is the tranquility of my mornings. 

I try not to schedule any appointments before noon.  

I go to bed around 9 to 10 PM and have rediscovered Bernard Cornwall's historic novels. 

I take melatonin, Mg L-threonate, Ashwagandha and Pregnenolone. 

After about 40 minutes of reading I easily go to sleep.

It is a good deep sleep with many dreams. 

I usually go through a sleep cycle of 75 to 120 minutes before my bladder asks me to take care of it. 

I have no trouble going back to sleep. 

I wake up around 8 to 9 AM but I find I can still sleep another hour or two and I do. 

I take time to get myself out of bed because my body and mind feel excellent. 

Serenity, no pain.  I lay there and enjoy the moment. 

Then I get up and start my routine with joy and anticipation. 

I think Atma's supplements has something to do with it. 


One problem may be that I spend 12 hours in bed?

Can cause saracopenia?

I average more than 8 hours sleep each nigh on my fitbit and apple watch. 

I walk at least 5,000 steps a day.

I am riding my stationary bike 20 minutes a day.

I do curls with weights.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...