Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Review of The Plant Based Solution by Joel Kahn MD

 The Plant Based Solution book

I have never been against Vegan diets for those who like them. 

Whatever works is my motto especially if you can lose weight and maintain weight loss.  Not sure I have seen evidence for that however. 

I bought Dr Joel Kahn to try to have an open mind. 

I always like to start at the Index.

Ketosis. Nothing listed

Vitamin supplements p 58

1- Vitamin B 12

2- Vitamin D

3- Omega 3 

4- Iodine 

ApoE 4 & MTHFR gene p 91

If you are heteozygous (1 gene +) for the MTHFR gene methylation work at 40-50% efficency. 

If heterozyous eat less saturated fat and Alcohol

Dr Neal Bernard quoted to prevent AZ disease

1- decrease saturated fats and trans fats by 

avoiding dairy products

meats

and certain oils (coconut and palm oils)

As a lipidologist I don't agree with this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...