Thursday, July 8, 2021

Wegovy new? drug for Obesity

 I had a substanial breakthough with my Diabetes and Obesity care 

not so much when I started Atkins and was in ketosis 

but when my endocrinologist started me on Invokana and Victoza. 

Below from Jan 2021 article

  • Victoza can be given in the following dosages: 0.6 mg, 1.2 mg, or 1.8 mg once per day. The dosage you use will depend on the treatment plan your doctor prescribes for you.
  • Saxenda is used in a higher dosage than Victoza. Your dosage will gradually be increased over the first 5 weeks of treatment. The recommended dosage of Saxenda is 3 mg once a day.

 


Ozempic contains the active ingredient semaglutide. 

Victoza contains the active ingredient liraglutide.

Ozempic contains the active ingredient semaglutide. 

Victoza contains the active ingredient liraglutide.

Semaglutide and liraglutide belong to the same drug class,

 called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonists.

 (A drug class is a group of medications that work in a similar way.)

wegovy (semaglutide)

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake.

 The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.

I take Ozempic 1.0 mga week. 

As time goes by and the 1.0 not effective I can see myself slowly increasing my semaglutide up to 2.4 mg. 

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. 

The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.

The most common side effects of Wegovy include

 nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal (stomach) pain, headache, fatigue, dyspepsia (indigestion), dizziness, abdominal distension, eructation (belching), 

hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in patients with type 2 diabetes, 

flatulence (gas buildup), gastroenteritis (an intestinal infection) and

 gastroesophageal reflux disease (a type of digestive disorder).  











No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...