Monday, July 5, 2021

Folate for Alzheimers?

 According to Dr Bredesen my folate and B12 levels were low link

October 29, 2019

I recently had my hospital check my folate level. 

Around 6/2021 is was greater than 14. See below







Bredesen also said my Homocystiene should also be lower 

October 30, 2019

Food for Brain Foundation link by Dr Gillian Hart
"Raised levels of homocysteine are also linked to Alzheimer’s, dementia, declining memory, poor concentration and judgment and lowered mood."


When I practiced Internal Medicine/Geriatrics in Florida 25 years ago I was interested in people at higher risk for heart disease by doing homocysteine levels.  I don't think I ever found anyone and gave up doing the screening. 

More than 30 years ago I was taught to give pregnant women  One mg of folate a day to prevent microcephaly. 

I raised my folate and lowered my homocysteine with mouth spray Liposomal Methyl B complex.

This spray seemed to raise my B levels better than the Complex B capsule sold in drug stores.  Probably because it is methylated. 

It is pricey at $45 but one bottle seems to last 3 months. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...