Sunday, July 25, 2021

Minor staircase disaster.

 I missed the last step on my basement staircase and

 dropped the tray with plates and glasses.  

 Another result of my Alzheimers. Poor balance.

Since I purchased a nice cane  I haven't fallen on my daily one mile walk since

 Festination link

I have fallen on the steps before. 

This time because I was carrying a heavy tray, I went one step at a time.  At the end I hit my elbow as I tried to navigate a bend in the staircase and down it all went despite my best efforts on mindfulness. 

I usually divide the load and make more trips. 

That way I can hold two glasses in my right hand while using one or two fingers to hold on the the right banister. 

This time after a party my wife had loaded the tray and I just went for it. 

Mistake I will try not to make again. 

"Haste makes waste."

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...