Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The cheapest easiest way to TRY to prevent progression of Alzheimers.

 Most people can't afford $7,000 to enter a Dr Dale Bredensen's ReCode program. 

Also the supplements can cost $1300 a year. 

Most people don't want to take so many pills. 


So what does Medicare pay for?

1- Namzaric

2- Invokana for diabetes

3- Ozempic shots for DM and weight loss

4- Metformin for DM

5- Blood pressure pills 

6- Statins, Zetia.

7- Testosterone

8- Citalopram

Ask your Doctor which are good for you. 

In my opinion these are the pills that will prevent you from suddenly falling off the cliff with Alzheimers by a stroke, heart attack.


What supplements are needed?


1- Vitamin D (medicare should pay for lab test) 


Which diet?


Atkins or Low Carb High Fat diet to get into daily Nutritional Ketosis


Exercise

This is a very individualized item.

The elderly need to be careful to avoid injury. 

Walking 20 minutes a day is the easiest path. 

Then if anxious do pacing in the house to get up to 10,000 steps. 

If you can do more with weights, good.  I mayself have cut back on weights due to some joint pain but I try to do curls with light weights.  

Some advise HIIT ( high intensity interval  training).  I think this is fine for a younger group, not practical for eldlerly.  

My HIIT is going up and down the basement stair 10 times a day. 

It's probably the most dangerous thing I do all day.

Staircase disaster link


My Florida neurologist was worried about my falling and told me to walk in the pool 30 minutes three times a week.  I did it once.  After doing ten minutes I later realized I had hurt my right hip which still seems tight at time months later. 


 Have fun and socialize


Develop playlists of favorite music









No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...