Monday, August 2, 2021

A new fun experience with my wife

 


My daughter and her husband purchased a Saloonbox kit for me for Father's Day.  

I like mixology but the directions seemed complicated to me so I asked my wife to help me.

I have a home bar which I call The See No Evil Bar link

I make a great Manhattan each day.  That is 3 ounces of bourbon a day. 

I am doing the Recode protocol of Dr Dale Bredesen for Alzheimers. 

He allows some wine.  Four ounces of wine is only one ounce of alchol. 

I have a nutritional 'therapist' with Atma clinic link

I confessed to her that I have a cocktail each day, either a Manhattan or a Vodka martini.  

She gave me absolution. 

She said it 'anchors' my day.

It really does.  It's a mental activity that I enjoy.  I put off breakfast till 11AM and then I put off lunch with a Two PM Happy Hour. I have a small bag of pistachios with the drink. I often start a movie as well. 

This Saloonbox Strawberry mix took it a notch higher.  More ingredients.

I don't care for sweet drinks anymore but this was good. 

I had my wife check me on each step of the directions which was fun.

Fathers day was a while ago so it took me a while to do this new challenge. 

My wife's willing participation was what got me out of my apathy to try something new. 


I have read you should not drink 5 ounces or more of alcohol a day.  

With 2 glasses of Red wine I usually exceed that amount. 

Except for my subdural hematoma link, I have not had any medical problems with drinking. 

I am more careful now by drinking water between alcohol and waiting a while. 

I love to buy the beverage package on cruises.  I never went to bars when I was young but now I am a barfly on the cruise as it is great socialization meeting new people.  I often have 10 alcoholic beverages during the day. 

YOU CAN'T DRINK ALL DAY, if you don't start early in the morning.

I always start the day on the ocean at the baristic with an alcoholic coffee.  Then wine at lunch and dinner.  I have a cocktail at the bar before dinner and sometimes stop at the bar before bed. 

Most people reading this must go "tsk, tsk".

1- Too much alcohol?

2- My lipid panel levels  link on statin are too low? LDLc 31

3- I have been on Atkins since 2011 and in nutritional ketosis.

4- My systolic BP is usually between 90 and 120.


My reply is I have done better than expected with my AZ diagnosed in Dec 2017.

I am down to my lowest weight since my marriage 14 years ago. 200 pounds. 

I take Ozempic 1.0 mg a week which has helped with the last 10 pound weight loss. 

Depression, anxiety and apathy are a big problem with Alzheimers.

Citalopram

Ashwaganhda 

have helped that. 

People with chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes and AZ need to find a way to deal with it as they are the ones who with True Grit and Fortitude must follow a regimen of multiple medications, supplements, diet and exercise to try and prevent the sudden falling off of a cliff that can occur with AZ due to stroke and heart attack.

I avoid hopelessness and apathy each with my cocktail 'anchor' each day.  

I am writing my fourth year book of how I have tried to enjoy my life despite the cloud of the inevitable fatal Alzheimers hanging over my head. 

Each year that I finish a book I feel a great deal of accomplishment. 

I am trying to give people first person documentation of how I am doing it with the goal that they will make their diagnosis early and realize with Mild cognitive impairment you have several years of life ahead of you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...