Monday, March 16, 2020

Should I stay or should I go?

My wife and I have reservations to fly home non-stop to Kansas City.

MCI airport serves Kansas and Missouri

Suddenly today my wife announces we are staying in Florida after intensive watching of the news after Trumps press conference on it.

First 
She wanted to drive. 
I said we would have much more exposure to the virus due to longer time of exposure and staying at a hotel one night.  It is 20 hour plus drive for us.

Second
I POINTED OUT:
The plane is direct flight about 5 hours exposure.
We will wear masks as soon as we get to the airport.
We are sitting in first row.

We can get on last and disembark first when we land.
It's on Spirit airline and the first row has only two seats on each side.

No gloves.  No protective if you touch your face with them.
Just use carry Antiseptic cream.

Third
I thought we had it all figured out till today.
I told her I will do what she wants...but

Florida will turn into a quarantine state such as Italy is now.
The infected 'pool' is already higher in Florida than Kansas.
If there is exponential increase in the virus
the pool will quickly become much more dangerous in Florida than Kansas

I hold her we could be trapped here for 6 months in our Condo 
(which is almost a nursing home with many people over 80
 who don't believe the COVID-19 is real.


We need to take a short risk of flying in 3 days vs.
long term risk of staying in a big state whose hospitals will be overrun much earlier than Topeka.

We need to get home quickly to be close to her family if we do get sick.

If we stay in Florida we will definitely get sick



COVID-19 Cases in Johnson County, Missouri today 
5 POSITIVE TESTS. 
That is where MCI airport is located.
The airport is 15 miles north of KC and is located in Platte county
166 negative tests in Kansas City (MO SIDE ?)
In Missouri there 6 cases o COVID-19

Kansas State
March 16, 2020
11 AM report:

Eleven confirmed cases and one death.


Compare to Florida State



No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...