Thursday, May 28, 2020

Philosopher Charles Berkeley predicted the Matrix movie

Berkeley was born in 1685 near Kilkenny, Ireland and 
he is the first to imagine a Matrix movie reality.


Above Ben Johnson about to kick a cat to refute Charles Berkeley theory of the Matrix universe. 












My Episcopal Men's group is reading:

A Pilgrimage To Eternity
From Canterbury to Rome in search of a faith.

by Timothy Egan

We reviewed chapters 30 and 31 this morning on Zoom. 

p292
"At the cathedral of Santa Margherita...there is a crypt of
Saint Lucia Filipini"

She died in 1732.
Her body has not decayed. 
She was pronounced:
"incorruptible"

The author Tim Eagan said there are 300 reliquaries in Europe.

On his Via Francigena Pilgrimage he had seen many of these glass coffins in church with bodies of Saints.
  He was never impressed.  
However now near the end of his journey he is astonished by the preservation of this 300 plus year old body.
He starts taking photos of the eye as it blinks at him.
Later when he visits again with his wife the body is not blinking.  
He said he has photos. 
She says I will believe you if you want me to.

What is happening here? 
We discuss in the Men's group.
We are Episcopalians and we considered ourselves rational and science based. 

We have discussed the reality of miracles many times.
Some in the group don't believe in the Trinity.
If Jesus is God why does he have to pray to himself. 
I argue you lack imagination. 

I continue my usual rant that I am a science fiction fan. 
I also have studied quantum theory.
I was surprised to find out that outer space is not just a vacuum.
Outer space in filled with energy particles. 

Science can quantify energy but they they really don't know what it is. 

Foundation of science is not ironclad just because the math formulas are so impressive. 

I told the group I always tried to explain what "truth" is to my prior wives as I was trying to get out of something I had done.  
They know I am a Brooklyn wise guy and laugh.

I talked about Charles Berkeley mentioned above.  My friends are mostly engineers and never heard of him. 
I learned about him in Philosophy 101 at Brooklyn College.  A free city college. 

Berkeley claimed the physical reality that you believe to be true based on your five senses is not the ultimate reality. 




"I refute him thus" link






Clearly we now know that
Berkeley's God is the giant computer complex shown in the movie series The Matrix. 

Religious people take the BLUE PILL.



I am trying to take the Blue pill as I try to build my faith in God. 

However I am a de facto  Red pill taker due to my scientific background.  

To take Berkeley's side I suggest a Purple pill.

The ultimate truth is your feelings. 

No one can prove your feelings are not real.

They are your personal experience.
 No one can argue about the fact you are experiencing them.

The group then talks about personal religious experiences. 

I am talking about the feeling of love. 

God is Love. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...