Monday, June 15, 2020

The most intense moment of my life

The carpets were being cleaned and we had to clear the furniture.

I had picked up the large plastic mat at my desk that protected the rug which allowed my chair to roll in and out from the desk.  

It is an unruly piece to move as it bends so easily.  
The underside of the thick plastic piece has very sharp points to hold the plastic in place on carpet. 

In my usual haste I just threw it on the small utility room floor. 

As we are waiting for our carpet to dry I have on my paper slippers to not get the carpet dirty.  I go to let the dog out through the utility room and without thinking I step onto the spikes of the plastic mat. 
My world changed at that moment.  
In my panic I continued to walk forward on the spikes. 
The pain was immense and to compensate I screamed like a banshee being tortured. 
It lasted only five seconds and the pain stopped immediately once I sat down off the mat. 
 I checked my feet immediately as I am a Diabetic with some foot neuropathy.  
If my feet were totally numb as with severe neuropathy I may not have noticed the pain and caused great damage to my feet.  
The paper slippers had several holes in them but I had only one point of bleeding which stopped quickly. 

This most intense moment of my life
caused an adrenaline rush unlike any I have ever had before. 
The intensity of feeling was so strong that when it eased up so quickly I felt a wonderful relief. 
I had been to the mountain top and back in an instant. 

I am still feeling the after effects as I write. 

Relaxation. Peace. Calm

I have no pain now. 

The pain went away as soon as I stepped off the plastic points. 

A heavy weight champion was asked why he hit his head against the wall so much. 

The Champ said "it feels so good when I stop"

I have Alzheimers and I need to try to ask myself:

What could possibly go wrong with this situation?


It's like I pick up a gun with the safety off and ask 
what could possible go wrong. 

My wife and I had a good laugh about it. 

Next time put the plastic down underside on bottom.








2 comments:

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...