Thursday, June 4, 2020

Did anyone buy guns for the gun show?

Here are my guns after NOT working out for months:

Eddie's left:




Eddie's right:




The above are before starting my resistance training

I walk 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day.

However resistance training is important to help Alzheimer's.

Thus I have embarked on a program with dumbbells.

WEIGHT LIFTING FOR ALZHEIMER'S LINK



Story of Eddie.

My Dad retired from the Air Force at the rank of Captain after 20 years at the age of 42.

It was a terrible move for him.

He knew he couldn't screw around while in the service. 

At 17 years old he chased his school teacher with a ball pin hammer.  He was kicked out of High School in Manhattan New York.

After his step-mother rolled over on another of her babies and killed it, he and his older brother joined the armed forces.
He lied about his age. 
 That probably saved his life as it was two years before WW2 started and he was sent over to England early in the war.  
He was an experienced bombardier and he made few flights over Europe as he became an instructor. 

He became a bigamist in England.
The story gets more bizarre now. 

After the war he is married to my mother and I suspect her father-in-law didn't like her so he paid the for the ship passage over to New York City.

Eddie and his step brother Red go to pick her up at the ship.
The plan was for Red to send her back.
Ends up Red and the second wife shack up instead. 

Apparently she looked much like my mother with reddish hair. 

My Dad did the honorable thing and went to Mexico to get a Mexican divorce. 

Later he did get a New York State divorce which back then was very difficult to get. 
People would stage a husband with another woman in bed in order to get a divorce on the grounds of adultery.

Back to my Dads debauchary after my Mother divorced him late in late. 

He got wild with drinking after he was fired from the first three jobs he got after retirement. 

One terrible night while me and my younger brother were out playing a basketball game we get a call and were told not to go home. To go to a friends apartment.  

We are then told the story.
Mom and Dad (Eddie) were having a terrible argument in the kitchen screaming at each other. 
My mother was making dinner and was holding a knife.
Eddie screams, go ahead stick the knife in me. 
At that point my brother jumps out of his room and holds his rifle on Eddie.
Eddie is shocked and goes to sit on the couch seemingly dazed in his drunken state. 

Mom and my 5 year older brothers flee the dangerous situation.

Soon after that, Eddie is staying in someones basement but is kicked out after punching two holes in the plaster board wall. 

He writes on the wall:
Eddie's right
Eddie's left.

That memory inspired me to write this blog and post the photos above. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...