Sunday, June 14, 2020

My usual walk goes awry

A better title? I go awry on my usual walk.

When I was diagnosed with Alzheimers in Dec 2017
 I tried to plan ahead.
I decided to make the same 1 mile walk every day. 
 I walk around my block which requires me to only take right turns. 
It is a circle.

Today I was deep in thought and I crossed a street and
 suddenly a dog was barking at me. 
 It was a cute small dog and I was thinking it was an Australian shepherd.  
I look up and realize I am coming to the Main Street.

It took me a long time to realize my mistake.

That makes me think my AZ is getting worse despite following 
most of the advice from the books:

1- The End of Alzheimers.
 Review of Bredensen podcast link

2- Antidote to Alzheimers 
Review of Amy Bergers book link

My fourth book will probably be titled:
 AZ is inexorable. 

I got my vitamin D to 98. 
(over than 100 can be toxic)

I increased my testosterone but since I had trouble dosing the shot correctly I did get into a very high range and was told to stop. 





This week after more research I decided there was no downside to taking 50mg of Zinc a day.
However there is caution to taking more than 50 mg and my multivitamin already has 11 mg a day.

My hsCPR was elevated after my I hurt my back with muscle spasm but in a few months with physical therapy the hsCRP went back to normal. TSH continues to be normal.  Folate and homocysteine normal and I see no reason to repeat them.
I have done a Zinc/Copper ratio.
Wilson's disease is diagnosed by three 24 hour urine collections for copper.  It is a difficult dx. to make.
I like taking Zinc because it lowers my copper level.
If I take too much Zinc I can lose my sense of smell which is interesting because loss of smell can be a sign of AZ and taking Zinc can improve it.

I seemed to have improved my Hgb A1c by Intermittent Fasting.

My best weight with Intermittent fasting and no alcohol link

I have been on Low Carb High Fat diet since 2011.
I have been in ketosis since then. 

My blood pressure is well controlled with Cardiazem and Ramipril which I take for other reasons.

My lipid panel is stellar.  

I walk everyday.  My HIIT is going up and down stairs all day long.

I now hope to be in my present state for seven years. 

I am willing to take Zinc on a slim hope of slowing AZ down.

I think more weight lifting will help me more. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...