Saturday, June 26, 2021

Amazon review of Tattoo on my Brain by Dr. Dan Gibbs.

 Title: This is the best book I have read on Alzheimers.

First it is written in the first person (with ghost writter)

Second it is very timely. Dr Gibbs was first to have a reaction from Aducanumab that put him in ICU. 

He recovered from ARIA with high dose IV steroids.  Amazing that he improved his mentation to the point where he thinks he is better than before the Aducanumab. 

As a physician I found his expertice as a Neurologist very informative.  Others might find it too much in the weeds?

I am only giving him 4.5 stars because he does not discuss keto diet or going on statins to get cholesterol down as low as possible to avoid stroke and heart attack.  These are 2 events that can cause an Alzheimers to "fall off a cliff".

The rest of his advice is fairly standard.

But it is his personal writing that gave me so much solace and so much for me to hope for myself as I am in my fourth year of having Alzheimers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...