Friday, June 25, 2021

Part Five review of Tattoo on my Brain by Dr Gibbs

Part Five review of Tattoo on my Brain 

by Dr Gibbs


p 125

"Most of the conversation about Alzheimer's is about

is about fear and lost and things you can't or eventually won't be to - do, or do anything about.

Helplessness and hopelessness have been the dominant theme of the conversation for more than a century."



p 144 

"In short, the science suggests when the sense of smell goes missing, it can disrupt the mechanism for making and retriving memories"


p 147


"multiple types of complex brain processing of sensory information can be inpaired by Alzheimer's, some in the early stages and some later in the disease.  A remarkable exception is music. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...