Thursday, June 24, 2021

Favorable WSJ article on new AZ drug

 Favorable WSJ article on New AZ drug link

Very optimistic article.  
Could it be a pro-business article? Helping Big Pharma?

With my neurologist we decided to hold off on new drug 
(since I was heterozygous w Apoe4 gene) for 6 months. 

I read  TATTOO ON MY BRAIN by a neurologist who was dx w AZ 5 years ago.
He had an ARIA reaction to the drug and ended up in the ICU. 
With high dose steroids he recovered.  
Ripping off the amyloid in a patient that is homozygous positive ApoE4 caused inflammation and microhemorrhages.
He had a bad decline with his AZ..
However  with high dose steroids he recovered and seemed to be better mentally than before.

Perhaps this is a way to approach treating AZ.  Get a strong reaction to the drug then decrease inflammation with high dose steroids.  
Kudos to Dr Daniel Gibbs for publishing this idea in his book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...