Tuesday, June 1, 2021

I was having a great day until...

 Finally, after two week of clouds, cold temps in 50's and rain we had a sunny day in Topeka. 

I headed out for my 3 month haircut.  

I drove myself and got there 30 minutes early.  Barber said no problem, lets go.  We had a good conversation and she gave me a good haircut. 


My next task took me to the grocery store across the street. 

I love shopping for groceries.  My wife gave me a list and I had a good time going up and down the aisles getting my steps for the day in. 

With no stress or sweat, mission accomplished. 

Feeling so good I decided to get my car washed.  Lucky me, Tuesday is free MVP wash at lower price.  

Going full power, I stopped at the pharmacy to get two of my presecriptions. 

All was well. 

I walk into the house and put the bag of groceries on the counter and recount my great expedition to my wife.  

She then points out to me while looking at the receipt that I am missing about two bags of groceries. 

No break down, I lept into action and drove back to the grocery store. 

I held myself together in the hope the bags were waiting for me at the store.  

Sure enough my confidence was well founded. 

I had a pleading look in my eyes as I found my cashier.  

She had saved my two bags as well as my ass. 

The big point is I did not suffer stress and distress from this event.

Important for me to remember in the difficult days ahead. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...