Thursday, June 17, 2021

Optic nerve in Alzheimer's Disease

I saw my Opthalmologist for my annual diabetic eye exam. 

I had a good exam.  I asked him my eyes and Alzheimers. 

He said they have been interested in finding abnormalities in the retina as a early sign of AZ for the last 10 years. 

 He taught me the optic nerve is not just a cranial nerve. 


CNS = Central nervous system

 The CNS consists of the brainand spinal cord. The brain is protected by the skull (the cranial cavity) and the spinal cord travels from the back of the brain, down the center of the spine, stopping in the lumbar region of the lower back.

 Eye is window to brain link 2010








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...