Sunday, June 27, 2021

What are the choices for someone with Early Alzheimers?

NYT update July 9, 2021  on Aducanumab link



I am eligible for Aduhelm IV infusions.

I know I have a great deal of amyloid in my brain. 

I am doing well with Dr Dale Bredesen's Recode protocol which tries to decrease inflammaton that they believe causes the formation of amyloid.  

The Recode protocol is expensive but not as bad as the cost of the IV infusion? at this point. 

Thus I will wait another 6 months for the post trial results to come in and see how insurance coverage goes. 

Dr Daniel Gibbs writes in Tattoo on my Brain;

Thus I may wait too long. 
I think the sudden drop in function is usually to vascular reasons. 
Since my cholesterol is extremely low and my systolic blood pressure usually under 120, I think my chances of falling off a cliff are low. 





Original Blog picks up here.

It's time for the media to take a close look 

at the choices for someone with 

Mild Cognitive Impairment  

(Early Alzheimers).

1- New approved drug Aducanumab 

2- Multi-faceted approach with Dr Dale Bredesen Recode protocol

My early opinion of ReCode link

3- Multi-faceted approach with Dr Richard Isaacson's protocol.

Review of Peter Attia's podcast link


Three points of good news on all these fronts

One Aducanumab

In Dr Gibbs personal experience getting ARIA with the new drug and treating the inflammation with high dose steroids may be 
the best new approach 





TWO

                            Dr Bredesen's Recode Protocol

My slow adherence to ReCode link


I was very skeptical of the long list of nostrums for AZ.

However Covid occurred and I had the time and the money to pursue this program. 

I was most interested in getting their Cognoscopy lab work.   $500. 

Cognoscopy report part one link

Cognoscopy report Part Two link

I paid for a years worth of appointments for around $2500.  Higher prices in bigger cities. 


THREE

Dr Isaacson's Protocol

It has been difficult to find out what is in his Cornell Protocol. 

I suspect it is similar to Dr Bredesen's protocol. 

No idea what the cost is to go to his clinic in NYC.

I have his and Dr Chris Ocner's book:

The Alzheimer's Prevention and Treatment Diet 

Using nutriton to combat the effects of Alzheimer's disease 


It is comforting to see two independent  Alzheimers experts with good results in their programs.  


All these choices are expensive.

They all have a simiar basic approach that can be started immediately without expensive supplements. 

1- Exercise

2- Sleep

3- Different healthy diets proposed  list of 3 diets

4- Socialization

5- Control blood pressure 

6- Lower cholesterol

7- Treat Diabetes

8- Try to maintain a healthy weight


What will motivate you to do that lenghtly list?

Make the diagnosis early!


Go to a neurologist that has an interest in Dementia.

After he does the usually tests and labs to exclude a possible secondary (treatable) cause of dementia ask him/her to refer you to a Cognitive Psychologist that specializes with 3 hour testing. 

So far, this is the only way to pick up Alzheimers early.  

I was finally diagnosed with a PET AMYLOID Scan in Dec 2017.

I was immediately started on Namzaric. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...