Thursday, January 2, 2020

I have taken a new path for my Alzheimers: Intermittent Fasting

I have taken a new path for my Alzheimers: 

                    Intermittent Fasting



Link to Editorial

Today: My fasting glucose was 116
My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) was 115

The CGM motivated me to stay on Intermittent Fasting (IF) as with numerous checks during the day I saw much better glucose levels. 

After six weeks I checked my Hgb A1c.  It was down two points.  This alone has made me determined to stay with IF. 

I was 214 lbs when I started IF on Nov 9, 2019
 and got down to 205 lbs on Dec 22, 2019
while went up to 215 lbs on Jan 1, 2020.
No significant holiday deviation in my diet. 
I walk 5,000 to 8,000 steps a day, rarely doing more than 10,000 steps. I do around 8 flights of stairs a day.  No weight lifting during this period. 

However while my weight changes up and down
the fat lbs has decreased from 61.8 to 57.9.

Today Jan 2, 2019 I weigh 213 lbs with 55.7 lbs.

Summary

1-Great improvement in Hgb A1c.
2-Loss in total fat.
3-The restriction of 12-15 hours of fasting was not as difficult as I thought with two cups of coffee. 

As far as the progression of my Alzheimers I hope lowering my glucose and keeping my LDLp as low as possible will make a difference. 



Loss in total fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...