Thursday, January 9, 2020

Review of the book Defeating Alzheimers



The first time Mr McNear went to a Doctor was in 2010
 after two years of suicidal ideation. 
Memory problems started after the start of the depression.

In 2009 the author began to notice problems with memory.
His book Defeating Alzheimers  was published in 2018

Excerpt below from Ad promotion 

Link to books ad



I reviewed the above book.
Here is my Amazon review:


Twelve Excerpts from the book

ONE

My main criticism of this book is there is no clear time line. 
I also have found this in other Alzheimer books.
This is why I wrote and am writing a series of yearly books.


I am waiting for when I forget I have Alzheimers Year One

Traveling with Alzheimers Year Two (in publication)

Pursuit of Happiness with Alzheimer's Year Three (writing)





TWO

I don't think the author ever had an office visit 
with a neurologist

The author had a CT scan and anemia.
It begs the question where are the results?
What was his Vitamin B 12 level? 
A low level of B 12 is a treatable cause of dementia.



THREE

The Psychiatrist suggested a diagnosis of
 Mild Cognitive Impairment 
It would be nice to know what year this was.
The author writes he first noticed problems with his in 2009. 
 When did the Psychiatrist give him this diagnosis. 



FOUR

Suicidal ideation for two years.
The explanation of improvement of his memory problems is from depression improving as his financial stress has decreased.
Which Doctor is he referring to in 2010?
He still today takes medicine for depression.































                                  FIVE

Diagnosis by Social Security Doctor
Pre-senile dementia or Early onset Alzheimer's   

What year was this?
I first noticed mental diminishment in 2014.
I easily passed my mini-cognitive exams by my private internist.
I have had four day long examinations of my cognition by three groups of separate of psychology teams.
One in Colorado 8-15-16
Two in Florida.  April 2017 and October 2017
One in Kansas at KUMC memory research center March 27, 2018

This is how the diagnosis of Alzheimer's is made. 
Serial cognitive exams. 

The scans and genetic results contribute but can be false positive. 




SIX

The author never was examined by 
Dr Dale Bredesen





SEVEN
Met Dr. Bredesen not examined


EIGHT

Patient did not give lab results proving some nutritional deficiencies.



NINE

Where are the results of the additional testing



TEN

Author says that reading his book is not a substitute for seeing a Doctor. 
I suspect lawyers have him put this in the book for liability reasons, since he treated himself it seems on his own. 





ELEVEN

Author did was not followed by AHNP doctor as he lived in Mexico




TWELVE

Author did not have a regular physician but implores readers to get one again for liability reasons I suspect. 






Final note































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...