Wednesday, January 8, 2020

My theory of the physiology for weight regain in reduced obese.


Dr. Tro says I am confused about obesity physiology.

This surprises me for the following reasons:
1-We both passed the American Board of Obesity Medicine
2-I have been on LCHF or Atkins since 2011 when I read Taube's book Why we get fat.
3-On Dr Tro's advice I started Intermittent Fasting since Nov, 9, 2019

I suspect Dr Tro does not know the central vs peripheral effect of insulin.


Dr. Frank Greenway review link

I am happy with my Intermittent Fast results on Hgb A1c going down two points.

What I question is with a 1,000 calorie deficit daily, I expect to lose at least one pound a week.



 Calorie deficit on IF but not much weight loss? link

Dr. Tro tells me not to count calories.

I told him I don't normally count calories. I have been dieting since I was 15.  I have a good idea how many calories are in food.

I do it occasionally if I gain weight as I did at one point on IF.

I showed those results on twitter at Dr. Paul Mason's request because he didn't think if was possible to gain weight on low calorie count. 
Dr. Paul Mason never got back to me. In fact nobody does except Dr. Tro thus I am making an effort to show I have the physiological facts to support my Sponge Theory:
Reduced obese have 
1-Billions of shrunken fat cells that never go away
2-This tells the brain it is starving
3-To prevent starving thermogenesis is turned down
4-Ghrelin is stimulated to cause severe hunger

Dr Tro won't tell me which of the four facts above are not true. 
Instead he says I am confused about the physiology of obesity.

Validation of Sponge Syndrome link

Tro wrote this twitter:




I presented Dr. Tro with what was written by 
Stephan J. Guyenet in his book
The Hungry Brain 2017:




This is my post from 21 hours ago.



Then we had this exchange on twitter:




I believe I understand the basic concept of LCHF or Atkins


Get into ketosis for decreased hunger and to burn fat. 

However, that wears off after a nine months for most people. 




On internet people say they know many people who have maintained 10% weight loss for greater than 5 years.  I asked people to connect me to them on Twitter. So far I only have a list of 20 who have maintained on LCHF.  None from Dr Tro's clinic that I know of. 



Until Dr Tro shows me his one year, two year or five year data I think I will pass on his kind offer of a free class.
I would rather hear why my physiology discussed above is incorrect. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...