Monday, February 10, 2020

Getting ready to go on Japan cruise.

Update #3

Holland America cancelled our Japan cruise yesterday.

We were scheduled to get on the Westerdam in 12 days in Cambodia.

The Westerdam was the ship that was sailing in Thailand bay for two weeks as no port would accept them. 

I suspect our cruise was cancelled because 14 of the people that were evacuated by military cargo planes to the USA have subsequently tested positive for coronavirus. 




NYT times article link


We were going to leave for Hawaii in two days on Feb 19. 
We have a timeshare and like to break up the flight to China/Japan.
We were glad the cruise was cancelled before we boarded the plane to Hawaii.  
We have been to Hawaii many times and don't want to fly there now only to stay for one week and turn around and fly home. 
We will take a loss by not going. 
We waited till Holland America cancelled because now we can get a full refund for the cruise.    










Update #2   2-13-20



UPDATE 2-13-20
Our intended ship the Westerdam was not allowed to dock until yesterday in Cambodia.
600 people were finally allowed off the ship.
None of them had tested positive for Coronavirus.
We embark on the Westerdam in Yokohama, Japan on Feb 28.
The tour has been truncated.
No Shanghai or Hong Kong or Phillipines.
We only get our money back if Holland America cancels the cruise.
It may still happen.


I have been walking on the beach and keeping to my Intermittent fasting LCHF diet.
Not worried about Coronavirus.
Travel is a risky proposition especially for elderly and me with Alzheimers.
At this point of my disease I must say I have unbridled optimist.
I didn't two years ago when first diagnosed with AZ in Dec 2017,
I am excited about the New Hampshire primary tomorrow.
I follow the politics very closely.
I call it Joyful Experiential Mental Stimulation.
I find my things to write about in my blog and twitter.
Very gratifying to be able to do it.








Despite being on Intermittent fasting since  Nov 9, 2020 when I was 213 pounds.
Today I am 211 pounds.
I do feel that I have less fat around my abdomen although you can't really tell from the photo below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...