Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Pre-interview questionnaire from Feb for Radio interview

Letter from my Publisher with form filled out


Upon receipt, we will forward your responses to the interviewer with TOGInet, who will contact you regarding the scheduling of your radio interview. We recommend keeping a copy of this questionnaire and having it nearby when you’re called for your interview, as this will help you make the most of your interview by conveying what you want about your book.

1-What was the purpose of your book?
To show patients with the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s (such as myself) that as much as the shock that the diagnosis brings there are still many years to joy to come. 


     
2. Who does the book appeal to and why?
Anyone who is worried about getting Alzheimers.
     
3. What one thing do you want readers to learn/take away from this work?
Have fun as a response to the disease. 


4. What scenes and/or characters would you like to highlight during the interview? (Think of this part of the interview like a movie trailer. Exciting parts of your book to tease listeners. Unforgettable characters which would motivate listeners to buy your book.)
I write the book in the first person
which is unique for a book on Alzheimer’s. 
I write a diary of my progress with the disease of Alzheimer’s. 
The disease is inexorable and after the anxiety I dealt with in the first year, 
I moved on to not worrying so much about the disease. 
I am writing year three now.  
People will be able to follow me during the course of my disease and 
see that it is not as bad as it is depicted. 
     
5. How would you introduce your book to a friend in a sentence or two? (I will use this to introduce the book at the beginning of the interview)
What life with Alzheimer’s over a series of Years is like by writing in the first person. 
     
6. Tell me how this book is unlike others with similar topics. What sets it apart from the crowd?
It does not propose ways to prevent or cure Alzheimers. (no nostrums) 
It is not gloom and doom. 
It is not written by a caretaker affected by the disease. 
It shows how I live life to the fullest each year despite the disease. 
I am totally transparent about my testing to make the diagnosis of my disease. 
In Year One I post my :
1- two day six hour psychological testing report. (8 pages)
2- MRI scan report
3- PET amyloid scan
4- Details of my visits to the KUMCR trial that I am participating in. 


7. When and where does your story take place? [For novels -- Why did you choose this setting?
The world. 
I live in Florida and Kansas but we fill the books with our travels as well.
     


8. What three words best describe this story? Its characters?
"Honest" 
"Personal"
"Fun"

Me (primary character written in first person in diary form)

     
9. What was the most challenging part about writing this book? The most fun/rewarding?
The most difficult part is trying to meet the required criteria of publishing the book online.
The technical transfer of the manuscript is very challenging.
     


10. Is there anything we haven't covered here that you feel is important for people to know about your book?
I am a physician certified in: 
Internal medicine, geriatrics, infectious disease, obesity and lipidology 
and have clinical experience treating dementia patients in nursing. 
Despite all that training I didn't know what I didn't know.
It is often said the Alzheimer's patient doesn't suffer, the family suffers.
I learned this is not true.
I was taught there was loss of self. I find out the real story.
I learned many new things about the disease which I plan
to convey to my audience in easy language of daily experiences
to give patients hope but not false hope
     


By signing this form you agree all the information is correct as it pertains to your TOGInet Radio Interview.



By signing this form you agree all the information is correct as it pertains to your TOGInet Radio Interview.


Signature:   Brian Edwards
Date:   2-4-20


Disclaimer

  • Once you have signed and submitted the form for the marketing services product(s) a refund of the services will not be honored.
  • Book purchasing decisions are subjective and unpredictable determinations made by consumers. We cannot and do not guarantee that any marketing services, including this service, will result in book sales or the increase of book sales
  • We reserve the right to delay fulfillment of any service until the full payment for the service(s) has been received.
  • Resubmission of your book for updates or changes will affect the timely fulfillment of your marketing services. Additionally, changes to your book will not be reflected in any marketing service that has been approved prior to your book’s resubmission.
  • You may specify a preferred launch date for the marketing service(s), however we do not guarantee fulfillment on the specified date. Orders are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis; and fulfillment may be affected based on availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...