Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My latest lab





I am in Florida and below are prior results with Quest lab.

My last apoB which may be more accurate than LDLp .

In May 2017 apoB 66 (LDLp was 1,100)
In Jan 2020 is down to 50 (LDLp was 756)
Does not look as if I have discordance. 







I always found my Quest LDLp to be higher than my Lab Corp LDLp results
Quest LDLp Jan 2020 was 756
My Lab Corp  LDLp was 300

I believe Quest does not use NMR and thus the LDLp numbers are not equivalent.
Their LDLp range says less than 1,100 LDLp is optimal.

This Quest lab in Jan 2020 was done on Lipitor 10 mg and Enduracin (nicotinic acid) 1,000 mg but off Zetia this time. 








My Quest LDLp Jan 2020 was  on Lipitor 10 mg Niacin 1,000 mg and off Zetia.

My Lab Corp (done by a different method NMR) was 300 on Lipitor 5, Zetia and Niacin.

Link to NMR LDLp

I had increased my Lipitor to 10mg because I did not want to cut those pills in half.
I thus stopped Zetia.

Notice my nonHDLc  is lower on higher dose of Lipitor
 Lipitor10mg off Zetia 41 vs.
Lipitor 5 mg on Zetia.  92

Notice my TG went up because the test with Quest was not fasting. 





This is interesting data on Lp (a)

May 2017 Lp(a) 79.
Jan 2020.  Lp (a) 60

Niacin helped? or just aggressive lowering of LDLp and app B with Triple Topeka Therapy





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...