Thursday, March 19, 2020

How I used my time in shutdown COVID-19

I began a modified intermittent fasting a week before when I began strict IF.

I posted this on my g calendar on Nov. 13, 2019.






I gained 16 pounds on IF when I ran out of Ramipril link



I have stayed on Intermittent Fasting not so much for weight loss
 but because my Hgb A1c dropped 2 points



Weight up to 224.4 pounds on IF and off Ramipril.
No pedal edema.  No shortness of breath.
Systolic blood pressure 118. I have continued to take Diltiazem for atrial fibrillation.



Finally back on Ramipril, my weight drops rapidly.



Notice how fast my weight has dropped on Ramipril. 

On March 14th at my condo,  we had a party with brother and family members.  
I drank way too much. 
I fell twice in the bathroom. 
I didn't lose consciousness but I think I had a mild concussion. 
Last thing I want with Alzheimers is to have concussions damage my brain more. 
I stopped all alcohol the next morning. 
I haven't missed it. 



Have a headache continue with mild concussion.
Balance much worse than before. 
These symptoms help me not miss my bar. 



Goodbye old friends.  Now for company only.



Weight beginning to drop on IF and no alcohol. 
ETOH probably contributed 500-700 calories a day.  
I was drinking at least 5-7 ounces a day with wine and cocktails. 
It was a life style especially on cruises I will miss. 
So far no cravings for alcohol. 

I'm Irish but no trouble abstaining on this special holiday.




Wow!

It's been a long time since a was down to 205 pounds




All systems great on Intermittent fasting, no ETOH and on lock down.

Living on the beach and taking daily walks is very nice.









No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...