Sunday, March 29, 2020

My routine with COVID-19


One change I made 15 days ago that did not help distract me  was I stopped drinking all alcohol.

I started Intermittent Fasting on November 9, 2020.

Learning a routine to do a 12 to 19 hour FAST each day helped prepare me for COVID19.

I find waking up later in the day helps me.

If I wake at 7 AM maintaining my fast is so much more difficult
as opposed to waking up at 9 AM or 10 AM.

I get so much hungrier during the day if I wake up at 7 AM.

I take Belviq and Victoza everyday as well as multiple other medications for Diabetes type two.

They don't seem to help stem the hunger.

The routine helps me handle the hunger.

9 AM Coffee and cream
10 AM  Zero Coke
11 AM Snapple Trop a Rocka diet tea.
Noon    Coffee and cream
1 PM   All morning I am engaged in Twitter and Blog

The more I am engaged in a project writing about something I like the easier to not eat.

2 PM I go for one hour walk while while very hungry.
3 PM I eat lunch usually a package salad or a toasted bagel with peanut butter roasted on top with a banana or bacon.
The salad fills me but does not satisfy as much.

Still getting so very hungry during the day with IF has it's penalty.
 I always feel extremely hungry even though I eat a big salad or a satisfying bagel
which  it is not enough to satisfy my Low Leptin level as a reduced obese person.  

We eat a high protein dinner with vegetable.
If we put off eating till 7 PM it decreases my nightly snacks.

After dinner we watch a movie or start a TV series. 

Hence a recent breakdown.
I don't crave alcohol.  I drank 4-8 ounces a day
Over-drinking doesn't always mean alcoholism even though my Dad was a bad alcoholic.

On days I get extremely hungry and dinner is filling but not as satisfying
 I sought relief 3 times in the last 10 days with ice cream not alcohol.

I stopped bringing ice cream home a long time ago.
With COVID-19 I purchased two types of ice cream.
Unfortunately the first one blew my mind.
Breyers Vanilla Chocolate chip.

Now I yearn for it.

I have a lot of bottles of alcohol and wine in the house.

I can't keep Breyers ice cream in the house.

I have run out but if a came upon some I would buy it.

The earlier I go to bed the less I snack.

That's my day and I have been faithful to it.

I walk one hour a day on the beach.

I am lucky but I also found I have True Grit to do IF and not drink and to keep to a routine.

I am 68 years old and was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 2.5 years ago.

Stay healthy everyone











1 comment:

  1. ice cream can be brutal. especially when it is your favorite food. I like your article

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...