Monday, March 16, 2020

My Memory Wall to help me remember my family








I learned to build memory palaces after reading Moonwalking with Einstein.

Top 14 places I have visited in the world link

Memory Palace of all 55 European Countries link

I watched a Dutch Neurologist Ted Talk about learning the same memory trick to help Alzheimers patients remember their loved one or caretakers. 
The Doctor makes the point that for a close family member to enter the room and not be recognized is very painful to the caretaker.  

Myth: Alzheimers patients suffer less than family members.


I have been wanting to do this in my Topeka home.
Proper way is to put different photos in different rooms
Then as you walk into your house in your mind you go from room to room
viewing the family memory palace and see the photo you have put in different rooms 
that might have a memory connection with that family member.

As the AZ patient walks from room to room in his well known home he will see the photo he put there. 
If you prepare the memory palace early in the disease of (Alzheimers as I have done) 
we hope it will help even when the patient loses most speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...