Sunday, March 1, 2020

Is my Vitamin D level too low for my Alzhemier's.

Update after taking 10,000 vitamin D3 four times over four months 




I took notice of Dr. Dale Bredesen advice on Vitamin D in his book:
The  End of Alzheimers



I went to my Neurologist in Florida 
and he agreed to order some of Dr Bredesen's tests
 that I thought I needed on 1-30-20.

I was very surprised by the result above 
as I have increased my Vitamin D gel capsules to 5,000 mg a day and I obtained a tan on legs and arms.
Just goes to show that elderly don't process sunshine into Vitamin. 
Trials were done in Miami and Hawaii.
I know I need to take a large loading dose. 

I took 25,000 yesterday.
I will take another 25,000 today and again for 6 weeks on a weekly basis.
 I am not going to take 50,000 a week for 8 weeks as I advised in my book in 2010 The Tubby Theory of Topeka.  That high loading dose was for people with Vitamin D levels less than 8.




Above is a record of my Vitamin D level since 2013.
I was normal so I didn't worry? 
I was 30 or above. 
Most days I took my usual 2,000/d Vitamin  D 
I could not believe I was down to 23.
Twenty years ago a level of Vitamin d at10 was normal.
After reading Dr Dale and talking to my neurologist. 
 Both believe I should at fifty, 
Thus I obtained the lab above at top on 1-30-20
Below the Quest lab lab also includes all three values of Vitamin D
Vitamin D normal range 18-72
Vitamin D3 does not have a reference range
Vitamin D2 does not have a reference range



I did several blogs reviewing The End of Alzhemiers.

List of what I already was doing on Dale's list 










The above tests were all in normal range.

I finally got a zinc level because I have been on Intermittent Fasting for 3 months. 




Above Excerpt from 2010 book The Tubby Traveler from Topeka 

I was among the first clinicians to be aggressive on Vitamin D.

Probably because I am Board Certified in Geriatrics and treated Osteoporosis.

Taking Boards in several fields has helped me be a better MD




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...