Saturday, October 26, 2019

What I do on Dr. Dale Bredesen"s ReCODE list from The End of Alzheimer’s

I have reviewed much of the book in my blog link

I actually do much of what Dale Bredesen MD advises. 

1-I keep my LDLp below 1,000.  (LDLp is the particle count which is more accurate than LDLc)

2-I keep my systolic blood pressure under 120.

3-I also exercise 150 minutes a week

4-I have  a sleep apnea machine since 2004 and sleep 7-8 hours a day

5- He advises Magnesium threonate 2 gram a day.  I take 3,750 mg of Magnesium maleate a day which has helped my leg cramps at night tremendously.

6- I get my Resveratrol with wine

7- I get Nicotinamide riboside 100 mg in Enduracin (nicotinic acid)  2,000 mg which I take for cholesterol, triglycerides and HDLc. Both chemical are in the same molecular pathway.



8- He advises Omega 3: DHA 1g EPA 0.5 to 1.0 gram 
I take 4,000 mg of Lovaza which breaks out as:
DHA 375 x 4= 1500 mg
EPA 465 x 4 = 1860 mg

9- I take Vitamin D 2,000 to 4,000 IU a day

10- I take Citalopam for depression or rather dysphoria. 

11- I take Testosterone 100 mg IM

That leaves 20 things I don't do on Bredesen's list

The other 21 items are nostrums that have no human trial evidence. 

I think the 10 items I do is more than enough.  

Especially the following:

CURCUMIN
ASWAGANDHA
BACOPA
GOU KOLA
UBIQUINOL
PQQ
LIPSOMAL GLUTATHIONE
VITAMIN E
CINNAMON
BERBERINE
ZINC PICPLATE
HUPERZINE

Dr. Bredsen advises many tests.
I will attempt to comply to what I think might be reasonable.  I plan to do the following blood tests this week. I have already done these tests in the past. 

1-Repeat TSH
2-Repeat Vitamin D  level 
3-Repeat B 12
4-Repeat hsCRP
5-Repeat Folate 
6-Repeat Homocysteine level


1 comment:

  1. How much Resveratrol does 12 ounces of red wine provide? I read that a "ton" of "R" is given to lab animals to get a beneficial outcome.
    I've doubled my intake of Vitamin D to 4,000 IU daily. My confidence lies in taking Vitamin D, probiotics, Vitamin C, Zinc and B-Complex.

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...