Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Rescue Dog

Rescue Dog

Did I rescue the Newfoundland or is she going to rescue me?



After we returned from our 3 month trip we decided to get a rescue dog. 
We don't plan to travel this year as much as last year.
We have had Haven for three days now. 
Once again she likes my wife better.
I have found her to be the easiest dog to walk with me on a lease in my life.
This is surprising because she spent her early life in a cage to make babies for puppy mills. 
 She doesn't run away from me the way the Cocker Spaniels did. 
She has slept in our bedroom without a peep of sound.
She doesn't wake us up in the AM to be walked.
Large dogs apparently have large bladders?
She also already responds to sit and halt commands.
Being a Newfie means she is not hyper at all. 
Very rare for her to bark.














Last year we rescued two Cocker Spaniels but it did not work well. 
You can read about it in my book
I am waiting for when I forget I have Alzheimers.  Year One.




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...