Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Testosterone for Alzheimers ?




In The End of Alzheimer's  by Dr Bredesen on p 209 he advises the above: ONE and TWO

ONE
Free testosterone is low if it is less than 6 pg/ml, take more testosterone.

This test better in obese?

My free testosterone results.  They were acceptable in Dr Bredesen's criteria and in normal limits in my lab range below


TWO
Lately I have had total testosterone testing see below.

These more recent tests were lower than the 500-1000 level that Dr Bredesen would like to see.
Bredesen writes that levels less than 300 are very low.

Thus my endocrinologist and I decided to increase my 100 mg a week to 150 mg a week,
 even though normal levels are 86 to 780 ng/dL on in my hospitals lab

The endocrinolgist that fired me link 
also she didn't want me taking testosterone because my Hct and Hgb was a little high. 

I asked my urologist (a professor at KUMC that specialized in testosterone) about the risk of stroke.

The urologist was not concerned as I was on a blood thinner. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...