Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Review of End of Alzheimers #7

I will continue to evaluate the ReCODE list of treatment.



THRTEEN 

PPQ



Not much evidence to take PPQ

FOURTEEN
REVERATROL





Rat studies at this point don't encourage me to take Reveratrol.
Personally I solve this problem by drinking 1-4 glasses of wine most days.

FIFTHEEN 
NICOTINAMIDE RIBOSIDE 100 mg




Again trial only on mice. 
Too soon to advise this drug. 


I already take Enduracin (OTC) 2,000 mg to lower cholesterol, triglycerides and raise HDLc.

Nicotinamide ribosome is converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) which is what Enduracin is made up of. 

Nicotinamide ribosome 100 mg appears to be a homeopathic dose. 

SIXTEEN
OMG-3
DHA 1 g
EPA 0.5-1.0 gram

I agree with this. 
I take Lovaza (generic) 4 grams to lower my triglycerides non-fasting to less than 100.

Lovaza at this high dose has been proven to lower triglycerides.


DHA 375 x 4= 1500 mg

EPA 465 x 4 = 1860 mg

SEVENTEEN
LIPOSOMAL GLUTATHIONE 



This review teaches about the new liposome vehicle to transport Glutathione across BBB.
However without trials I would not advise it yet.

EIGHTEEN
PROBIOTICS and PREBIOTICS



Again no evidence for this.  Don't take it for Alzheimer's.


NINETEEN
Vitamin D: target level 50- 80
Vitamin K: no target level listed or dose of MK7

I take 2-4,000 IU a day of Vitamin D

quote from article below:
"795 participants developed dementia, of whom 641 had AD. Lower vitamin D concentrations were associated with higher risk of dementia (adjusted HR, per SD decrease 1.11, 95% CI 1.02;1.20) and AD (adjusted HR: 1.13, 95% CI 1.03;1.24)."






I eat vegetables so I don't take Vitamin K. 

I can't find anything for MK7 and Alzheimers. 
Thus I don't advise taking it. 

TWENTY 
Mix tocopherols and tocotrienes
Target: Vitamin E level 12-20

I advised not taking Vitamin E before with this article. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...