Monday, October 7, 2019

Time line of making my Alzheimers diagnosis


UPDATE June 3, 2020
I have finished writing the first six months of my third book:
The Pursuit of Happiness with Alzheimers.
Year Three

People often say I don't seem to have Alzheimers.  
This is why I am writing this series of books documenting the progression of my disease which I know is inexorable.

My wife tells them they should live with me.
She says I ask what is for dinner 6x/day
I had a video appointment with my Kansas neurologist today.
I asked him if I could get the 
Discern Punch skin biopsy test.
He said he would look into it.



Last mini-cog test in Feb 2020 was perfect. link



Update 12-15-19





Time Line
December 8, 2009 I retired from the practice of medicine at age 57.
December 10, 2015 I passed the American Board of Obesity Medicine
August 26, 2016 Colorado Physician Assessment Program stated I had cognitive impairment that required further evaluation after hour long computer test.
January 26, 2017 Consultation with neurologist Dr. Ahmed. I had perfect score on 12 question mini-mental exam.
February 3, 2017 MRI of brain
December 15, 2017 Diagnosis of Alzheimers made based on PET amyloid scan
December 15, 2017 I started writing, I am waiting for when I forget I have Alzheimers. I published this book in February 2019

October 7, 2019 I am 11 into writing Traveling with Alzheimers: YEAR TWO.
I plan to start my third book in December 2019 The Pursuit of Happiness by an Alzheimers Patient with a license to have fun.
When I started writing this series of books I was uncertain I would finish even the first one.
Now 38 months since I first was told I had cognitive impairment in Colorado, I am hoping to write a 5 year series of books to show people the progression of Alzheimers by the patient himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...