Sunday, October 20, 2019

Review of The End of Alzheimers #1

copyright 2017





At the urging of my step daughter I started reading this book.
I avoided it before because it seemed to have only anecdotes. 

BELOW IS THE INSIDE COVER NOTE


Nine patients is a very small cohort. 
There are no cases of cure to suggest the End of Alzheimers. 
My concern is that these patients were depressed and anxious. 

This is why we need to see the authors data on the hundreds of case  "with similar results"

I do applaud two of his recommendations as this excerpt shows:
I presently have embarked to keep my 
LDLp to 333
and non-fasting triglycerides to less than 100


We may prevent some Alheimers disease if we prevent people from developing DM2 
if we diagnose prediabetes early and put these people on Low carb high fat diet. 

However the author does not have much evidence in the literature for reversing AZ.




The factors that Dr Bredesen advises to be corrected




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...