Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Traveling with Alzheimers

After 3 months of traveling, I woke up this morning feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed, until the last sentence of this blog.

We flew home yesterday and after a nights sleep and 3 months away from home I was eager to get my affairs in order.  
I ordered my medications on line.
I checked my next Doctor appointments and asked for needed lab work to be scheduled. 
I asked for my flu and new pneumovax vaccination. 
I unhooked my battery charger, started my car and went grocery shopping. 
I purchased $200 worth of groceries for our empty refrigerator without benefit of a grocery list. 
I was very pleased with myself till I got home and could not figure out home to open the garage door.  
I went in the house to ask my wife to help me.  
She remembered the unusual position of the electronic buttons on the underside of the mirror.  As soon as she showed me, I remembered they were there.
Even on good days the lapses of important memories are there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...