Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Vitamin D for Alzheimer’s ?

In The End of Alzheimers by Dr. Dale Bredesen advises a high level of vitamin D.

Vitamin D: target level 50- 80

I did not take any supplemental vitamin D for 3 months while I was traveling from July 16, 2019 to Oct. 8, 2019.

Thus I repeated my Vitamin D level after taking 2-4,000 units since Oct 8.



Since 2013 my vitamin D levels have been in normal range. 
I will now maintain an intake of 4,000 units a day to get to the 50 range as Dr. Bredesen suggests.  
I do this to prevent going below the normal level of 30 and it is inexpensive and something I have believed in for health for a long time. 
In my geriatric practice I would check my patients while on 1,000 units a day after I did a loading dose.  To my surprise they would be low in Vitamin D after winter.  Thus in my book the Tubby Theory from Topeka I increased their daily dose to 2,000 mg a day. See excerpts below.





When I published my recommendation above for Vitamin D3 2,000 IU a day in 2010 my Lipid mentor admonished me for advising such a high daily dose.  I based my therapy on clinical experience.  I was one of few Doctors doing follow up Vitamin D levels.  Time has proven my initial experience to be true. 

New trial on Vitamin for Alzheimers.
 





I purchased subscription to Examine.com link
and I was not disappointed

Excerpts from their article below.







No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...