Tuesday, October 29, 2019

How to improve my glucose level without adding insulin

In The End of Alzheimer’s by Dr. Bredesen advises that:
Fasting insulin should be less than 4.5
Fasting glucose should be 70-90.
Hgb A1c should be less than 5.5

Excerpts from The End of Alzheimers:



I don't disagree with DESS.
Diet (ketotic)
Exercise 150 minutes a week.
Sleep 7-8 hrs a day (with CPAP if needed)
Stress reduction (always)

on p235 I don't agree with:
Alpha lipoic acid
N-acetlycysteine
Cinnamon
Berberine
Metformin is a good idea.

The best thing to do is lose weight and then maintain that weight loss.
I have not been on insulin for many years.
I run a high Hem A1c  of 7.5

I am now trying a new strategy.
I am using a CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) to see what food raises my glucose the most.









































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...